Department of Commerce with Computer Application
Motto: Indulgence with Innovation.
Vision: Department assure students with excellent career prospects in life.
Dr. N. Sumathy – Head, department of Commerce(CA), possess an eminent qualification profile with M.Com., M.Phil.,PGDMA., PGDCA.,Ph.D. She holds up a stable record of 16 years of teaching experience in the college.
- Teaching – learning process being an interpersonal skill which acquires knowledge and information within and outside the classroom.
- Frequent interface with Industries has become indispensable for effective education in commerce stream.
- Commerce stream curriculum has been designed in accordance with the industrial standards.
- Dynamic association of commerce students organizes guest lectures, seminars, symposium, conference, youth parliament, Debt, Ad round, Interaction with Corporate people, Offshore visit,education tour, Student Rejuvenation programme etc.
- Training the students for better placement.
- To encourage students to present and publish papers at national and international level.
- Six students received best paper award.
- One MIB student received Jury award at IIM-Ahamedabad for the best paper.
- 108 students presented papers in various national and international conferences.
- 30 students published papers in national and international journals.
- MIB students went to an international tour - SingAsia V – Signapore visit.
- 40 students visited Kolkata and Darjeeling along with a one day participatory learning programme in tie-up with St. Xavier College, Kolkata.
Events Organised by the Association
|1||Inaugural of Commerce Chamber - “Pink Primos”|
|2||Business Quiz - Pick Pengs”|
|3||Ad Round - “Puble Patricks”|
|4||Debate on Corporate Espionage - “Prolifics Prolix”|
|5||Product Launch - “Product Pandoras”|
|6||Executive Interaction Program - “People Palabrae”|