Department Of BCA & M.Sc ( Software Systems )
The Department is headed by Prof . C. SUNITHA, MCA., M.Phil., who has 20 years of teaching experience. She has presented more than 35 research papers in National and International Conferences and published 21 research articles in National and International journals. She received the " Best Women Faculty Award " for the year 2011 and compiled a book titled ‘COBOL Programming’. Her area of interest is Speech Recognition. Her paper on SPEECH AND SPEAKER AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM, which concentrates on developing a highly secured authenticated system has been selected at IEEE International Advanced Computing Conference. She has compiled a book titled “COBOL Programming”. She has organized several National conferences, seminars, guest lectures, workshops and outreach programmes. She is a Life Member of Computer Society of India (CSI), Coimbatore Chapter, The Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) and Indian Society of Systems for Science and Engineering (ISSE).
The Department of BCA and M.Sc. Software Systems is supported by a dedicated team of faculty members well qualified and specialized in diverse areas of computer science. Innovative teaching techniques are used to promote effective learning. The Department is committed to provide quality education, by imparting in-depth subject knowledge, practical exposure and training in cutting-edge technologies to face the demands of the growing IT industry. Apart from domain specific knowledge, personality development and value based education is emphasized.
All faculty members of the department have published papers in International and National Journals/Conferences/Seminars. More than 50 students has published their paper in International Journals and also participated and presented papers at conferences and seminars organized by outside colleges. There are high-tech Computer Lab facilities in the College. The labs are well equipped with the latest systems and software packages like RDBMS, .NET, VISUAL C++, ASP, JAVA SCRIPT, ORACLE 8i, VISUAL STUDIO 6.0, SQL SERVER 2000, TALLY 6.3, etc. Many workshops and guest lectures are organized in latest areas of IT to inculcate new concepts into the minds of the students. This helps the students to keep in touch with the current updates of IT field in and around the globe.
- Established in the year 2007
- Offering M.Sc. Software Systems (Integrated 5 years Programme) from the year 2008
- Well-equipped Air-conditioned and sophisticated Computer Laboratories with inbuilt LCD monitor and a Digital Library with round the clock lab facility The Department is an Institutional member of Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Students are encouraged to organize and participate in various Inter-Collegiate Meet, National and International Seminars, Conferences and Workshops based on the emerging technologies
- Students are provided with impetus and importance beyond curriculum learning and thereby provide an opportunity for the student community to keep them updated with latest and socially relevant technologies.
- Consistently maintaining Good University Results Pass Percentage and University Ranks
- Placement Record with multiple offers across the world in various MNCs and research organizations
- Ensuring expertise in latest technologies by encouraging faculty training and participation in seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Mentoring and counseling students through tutor-ward sessions.
- Regular interaction with experts from academia and industry to keep abreast of the latest developments.
- Curriculum development and periodic revision is done in consultation with academic and industry experts.
- Regular Alumni interaction to motivate current batch of students.
- Encouraging use of e-learning resources through MyKlassroom.com. Ensuring access to the best global lectures through video conferencing.
- Enhancing the employability skills of students by offering industry relevant professional certification courses.
- Providing the required industry exposure through compulsory internships and projects.
- Four labs, each with 60 systems with Digital processor.
- Two IBM Servers with xenon processor and one Multimedia Lab.
- The labs function from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm.
- The lab is equipped with Windows 2000 and LINUX OS.
- A digital library with 27 systems and more than 300 CDs.
- One IBM Storage Server with 1000 GB HDD with Internet connectivity.
- One Language Lab with 30 systems.
TWe have Two Student Associations namely CYBERWIZ for UG (BCA) and CBETO ZVEZDE for PG (M.Sc. SS). Various Technical and Non-Technical events are conducted to bring out talents among students which includes IT-EMENDOUS (BCA) & DEXIA (M.Sc. SS) - an Intra-Departmental Technical Symposium. SPINTORA - An Intercollegiate Meet is organized every year where students from various colleges participate and explore their aptitude. State level seminar are organized and experts from IT industries share their knowledge with our students. Many workshops and guest lectures are organized in latest areas of IT to inculcate new concepts into the minds of the students. This helps the students to keep in touch with the happenings of IT field in and around the globe. The Department also organizes industrial visits to enable the students to have an exposure in the practical applications of various techniques and conducts need based certificate course to enhance the employment opportunity. Tutor-ward outbound learning programs are organized to create a bond between the tutor and the ward which bridges the gap, and also helps the student to develop their self-confidence.